Monday, October 1, 2007

One Word Shall Rule Them All

One syllable with four letters, beginning with a soft fah and ending with a hard kuh: Fuck. That's how my RS day has been. I began the day normally, checking my farming patches and planting where I could. I excitedly made a list of the supplies I'd need to make 2 formal gardens, a games and combat room in my PoH. Before I spent any money on supplies, I tele'd to Yanille via a tele tab and headed upstairs to full out the second floor. I right click on the empty doorway in my second quest hall and choose Build: Formal Garden.

"This room can only be built on the ground floor."

Fuck. http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-180.gif

Fine. No gardens then. I decide to build the combat room instead. I plunk it down and realize there is no door towards the center of the house. I scrap it and try again, keeping an eye on the room outline that I can barely see due to the giant gables of my rooftop. There's the door, so I build it and ... what? The damned weapons rack looks like a door. Double Fuck. http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-168.gif For the last time, I rip out the room and reposition it. Great, there's a door! I walk in and click to build the games room.

"This room does not have enough stability to be built."

Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-1367.gif A long, drawn-out sound like Marlon Brando screaming for Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire. I can build this same fucking layout in Sims and Sims 2 without this fucking "stability" issue. Building on top of a garden isn't a problem in those games, so wtf is the deal?

Pissed, I throw out my ideas of new rooms and figure to just work on the shit that I already have. I'm not having house parties, so why do I care what other people think? I plumped up a few things: hanging the stuffed shark on the wall of my skill hall, planting magic trees by my house portal and making adjustments to my study. I need more levels to build what I want, but that will come in time. I did get to the point where I wanted to rip out everything and start over. I didn't and settled for turning off chats and go on a few suicide missions.

Mainly, I wanted to get the mini game music from red to green. I stopped first at skeletal wyverns and died in a few minutes. Next, I visited the god wars dungeon after being nagged by a dying knight to take a letter to Sir Tiffy. Jesus dude, try Postie Pete! I ran around down there with prayer on and discovered I needed a rope, a mithril or better crossbow and grapple and a hammer to get inside any of the god rooms. Thirdly, fishing trawler. I brought swamp paste, bailing buckets and rope in case Murphy demanded supplies before casting off the docks. The ship went down and I swam to shore by the Tower of Life. I ran to the Rogue's Den and completed the maze (thanks to a map on Zybez). I got rogue's gloves, so I may try for the rest of the outfit. Then Tarn Raznolor got a visit, or at least the vestibule of his maze did. Where is the roaming banker anyway? Lastly was barrows. I read through the crumbling tome and tried to talk to the Creepy Old Guy before digging into the middle mound. I died again; what a surprise.

With that out of the way, I grudgingly suited up to kill baby blue dragons for their bones. I hopped twice because others were there, then gave up. The ogre dungeon might be good since school is in session in most of the world, so I headed there and set up ranging blue dragons. Fuck, the lag - normally I don't bitch about it because it happens to everyone - was horrible. Nothing long though, just baby lags of 2-5 seconds which is long enough for a monster respawn and I would repeatedly log out and log in again. Switching worlds and country servers did not help. I even rebooted my computer to no avail. I did manage to get this screenie before calling it quits to go eat.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Vaskor said...

ouch... at the end of the story I was almost expecting you saying about dieing at baby dragons too :-)