Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pants On Fire

I haven't figured this out after 3 years of playing. Why do people lie about their skill levels? It invariably happens at places where players are thick on the ground, such as Karamja docks on any F2P world or Catherby in P2P, someone will ask, "Lvls?" They may even get creative, like those at any fishing spot may say, "<>{ lvls" Of course, this isn't just about fishing, but any place where any skill is heavily trained. When the question is asked, people will reply and, naturally, there will be a liar or two in crowd of pseudo-anonymity. The liars want to impress those around them, which can happen, but oh beware should someone in the crowd check you up on the High Scores. If you're caught lying, you will be belittled, insulted and spammed.

When I was a young RS player, I was impressed when someone said they had a very high skill. Now, I am jaded. If I believe someone is lying about a skill level, I check and call them out if I discover the truth. I have been called a liar on a few occasions when I stated a skill level. Once was at Catherby where fishing levels were being shouted out and I tossed my 99 out there amongst the crowd. When the person argued about it, I stepped out of the crowd on the shoreline and displayed my CoA and the emote as proof. Another time, I was pickpocketing for seeds in Draynor village and got asked my thieving level. I replied, "85" and was rude informed, not only that I was a liar, but that I should be mugging heros in Ardougne instead. I told the person that heros don't have seeds on them and suggested they look me up on the High Scores.

With that little rant out of the way, here's what I did today.

I hit the ogre dungeon again, happily armed with 2 crystal bows. These bows have changed my outlook on ranging because they require no arrows. I noticed a surgence of blue dragon bots or farmers, similar to the green dragon bots/farmers. Anyway, I think I gathered enough bones to get 73 prayer tomorrow. I'm using the Ectofuntus and thanks to Cougarsrule 9 for the 300+ empty buckets. I got another clue scroll and chased it down. I had coordinates that led behind the magic axe shack by the Ardougne lever aka PKers' Paradise. With the encouragement and taunting of cj andrews and Kieyanar (who was demanding a Kitt Fox PKing party :P), I walked myself up to level 56 Wildy and got the clue. A Zammy mage appeared, so I threw out my magic protect prayer and went Bruce Lee on his ass. After his death, I dug again and I got a casket, then cautiously walked back to level 20 where I could teleport to Lumbridge. I saw someone at the Rogue's Castle; she was also on a clue and I asked for peace.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've decided to go ahead with building more rooms to my house. These room will be: 2 combat rooms (1 boxing ring and 1 balance beam) and a games room. They will be in a U shape around the garden portal. After I get my prayer tomorrow, I'll work on getting the items for construction.

4 comments:

Ali said...

wow...very interesting site, thank you!!

Anonymous said...

who is this cougarsrule 9 you speak of she sounds like...pwnsauce =)

Anonymous said...

You should just use the lever in ardougne to get up to high level wild for the clue, instead of walking back and forth from level 20. It saves a ton of time.

M said...

My name's really hard to type, once I was called a liar for saying my total was 902, but they'd typed my name in wrong.

Great blog, the Asshat awards rock :P
~Matt