Tuesday, July 31, 2007

All this for a cuppa

I went to Varrock to exchange 2 frog token for a frog head and princess outfit at the dress shop when I spied this old woman rocking in a corner. I talked to her and she told me to talk to her sister, Elsie, who is on the second floor of the Saradomin church.

Intrigued, I decided to see what Elsie had to say. She asked nicely for a cup of tea, which I stole from the tea stall south of the east bank. I gave her the tea and she reminisced about Dissy, allowing me to take notes of her tale to share with other folk. I never have found out who Dissy is/was, but if I do find out I'll be sure to post the news in my blog.

My construction goal is completed. I stayed up until 1a this morning to finished it. Now that skill is on the back burner atm until I get more money to make oak planks again. The items I'd like to make are: mahogany treasure chest (holds all Treasure Trails items, level 84), marble wardrobe (holds all magic robes, level 96) and marble cape rack (holds all capes, quest point cape and capes of accomlishment, level 90). I cheat and boost my construction levels to +6 with the best house tea and crystal saw. I could get higher with Evil Dave's Stew of DOOM! [tm], which can add +6, but it's hit and miss with the stew.

I mined enough pure rune essence to get 72 runecrafting. More mining... ugh, I thought I was done with that! >:( Nature altar, here I come!

I really have to buckle down and seriously train thieving. PP is the best way, and I'm doing that but it gets boring fairly quickly, so I limit my tomb raiding to maybe 10 5 minute runs in a session. Pickpocketing paladins is my other choice and they give chaos runes and money. I can use the money to gain back what I'd spent on construction.

Money making choices: burn shades and hi alch the goodies, kill dragons for hides and hi alch the leather bodies I make, thieve paladins. They all take time and it's deciding which to get off my pedestal and do. Hi alching isn't the greatest way to make money, but when you suck ass as a merchant, it's the only option.

I gave Merch the steel spear she'd been killing tribemen to get. It's the worst part of Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest because after you finish, you can *buy* spears from the brother who needed one to kill the lion-beast. XD

No comments: