Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Altar-native Experience

Wasn't I complaining about a runecrafting mini game not long ago? Eh, maybe it was only in my head. Today marks the first appearance of the Zamorakian Magical Institute (ZMI, though I may call it ZIM on accident). Wander south of Ardy and west of the Kharzard battlefield to where Zamorak monks and red lizards frolic, then follow the path to the chaos altar. Talk to the Zamorak mage and he'll tell you his people found a new altar, but it's unstable. There's a bank (re: guy with big fucking backpack) but it costs 20 runes per access to your account. Here are some pics of what it looks like:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There are 2 ways to the altar: the short way with attacking NPCs and the long way that's skiller friendly. I tried both ways and the shorter route is faster, though more dangerous if you're a lower combat level. I wore spottier cape and boots of lightness with a mud staff and took little or no damage. I think the most I got hit for was 6. Below is a Zamorak mage attacking someone:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the below pic, I showed what runes the altar gave me. I used the fire runes for banking. Here's the altar itself:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There's a crack in a wall to get to the altar on the safe route. You don't need any agility skill to use it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The down-lo: use ZMI if you want XP. Use the Abyss or a normal route to your altar of choice if you want cash.

I managed to cut the mage logs (567) for shade burning. Now I get to kill 567 fiyr shades so I have something to burn. All this woodcutting got me within 40k XP of level 90.

1 comment:

Vaskor said...

Wow, this new altar seems like a cool place. Time to get some runecrafting done, yay!