Saturday, September 22, 2007

Stop! ZMI Time!

Yesterday and today, I mined pure essence for runecrafting. My goal amount was around 10k or whatever got me to level 79 mining. So, I ended up with 10k+ p ess banked and had to make a decision on what to craft with it. Should I stick with nature runes, which I do need as I only had 2.3k at the time, or risk it all using the new ZMI altar? Well, since I wanted the XP more than the runes, I gambled with the new altar.

Firstly, I traveled to Moonclan island and swapped my regular magic book for Lunar spells. Second, I grabbed my mud staff, pouches, tele runes (50 astral and 50 law), spottier cape, boots of lightness, seal of passage and 43 p ess. World 70, as of this post, is the ZMI altar world. If you want to train runecrafting with a ton of people, this is the place to go.

I started off at level 73 with about 96k XP to level 74 and 10k+ p ess to play with. When I logged off for tonight, I had just under 36k XP to level 74 and 7300+ p ess left. I had to run to the Abyss north of Edgeville to get my pouches repaired and keep making 43 runes per trip. The large pouch starts degrading after 1k ess or so. I'm hoping and praying this will be enough to get me to level 75, so I can use my giant pouch and runecraft at my leisure. I've never been a huge runecraft-for-XP fan; instead making rune as I needed them and trying to keep above the 2k mark for nats, laws and cosmics.

1 comment:

lxnen said...

A quick ZMI tip: If you've done Dream Mentor, you no longer need the seal of passage to bank at Lunar Isle. This is restricted to just using 'bank quickly' at the most easterly bank booth, but that's exactly what you'd want to be doing anyway.