Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Path of Glouphrie

A new quest which I smartly waited for guides to come out. Of course, the hardest part (imo) of the whole thing was the dungeon you get to after healing the spirit tree. Did anyone have a map? No. Zybez had directions that were helpful, but I still ran around like a hyperactive person off her meds. Sal's was okay for the most part, but not what I expected considering some of the last few quest guides published there. I think Neo Avatars was more concerned with a fast quest walkthru. The guide I used for most of the quest was at RuneHQ. Bits of advice from me:

- take an extra grapple in case yours breaks
- protection from missiles prayer is your friend; use it when running like an escaped loony through the sewer rooms as the terrorbirds are the real threat
- the warped turtles were harmless (to me)

I wore rune full helm, rune plate, rune legs, granite shield, climbing boots, unholy symbol, thieving cape, barrows gloves and ring of dueling. Weapon of choice: d scimitar. I wanted some things to boost my prayer and I had +12 with this set-up which was fine. I drank 1 (4) prayer pot and 1 dose of a combat potion. I ate 4 tuna and corn taters (heals 22). I was very nervous about the sewer tunnels and my hands were shaking very, very badly. My husband helped a lot by directing me where to run and patting my head when I did. I took some breaks at the doors to get my bearings and let my energy boost up again.

It was an okay quest until the final fight. Will Jagex learn that making a boss or boss fight harder isn't equivalent to a good quest? When will a non-combat skills quest arrive? ME2, while 1 I hate because of the puzzle aspect, is the only "hard" quest where you don't need a high combat level to complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess they figure "Well, half the aspect of runescape IS fighting" so they make harder baddies :P

"like hyperactive person off her meds" lol.

It's nice you have a husband to pat you on the head :P

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!