Saturday, September 1, 2007

See You In September

Here are my high scores for this month, in case you're keeping track of how I compare to other RSers and how I've risen/fallen in ranks. Yes, I got all the skills, too. :P

This weekend, so far, has been dedicated to leveling prayer. I make it more complicated than it needs to be though. I like how my melee stats are at an even 80, so that leaves me with range, mage or buying bones. Mage I'll have to make a ton of runes, I bite at merchanting which leaves range. Best place I've found is - are you ready? - Jiggig by CW. Really. I made 300 steel brutal arrows quickly, thanks to my hoarding habits, and threw on my ranging outfit. Using the fairy rings, I tele'd south of where I wanted to be and walked into the zogre and skogre filled area until I reached the back where the stairs down are. There's a safe spot on the east side of the stairs on the other side of 2 rock piles and I happily fired brutals into the rotting, walking corpses of ogres. My arrows went fast as I was on rapid style and I picked up the zogre bones and coffin keys along with the brutals. When I had 27 spaces filled, I used the coffin keys on a nearby coffin to get more bones (some zogre and some ancestral bones) and a few bits of crap that I dropped on the ground. As my inventory filled, I banked at CW and then returned to ranging until the arrows were gone.


Now I began the process of Ectofunting (using the Ectofuntus) all these bones. I had already over 300 buckets of slime - I use the dueling ring>CW bank>Ectophial>Ectofuntus method to get slime. It means you need a good supply of empty buckets to start. I put on my ghostpeak amulet, got 13 pots and my Ectophial out of the bank and tele'd to Port Phasmatys. I had a good feel going for walking to the bank and teleporting back to the Ectofuntus. It got boring halfway through, but I kept going by eating Jos Louis (chocolate covered Moon Pies to non-Canadians). In the midst of my bone grinding, someone asked if I was going for 70 prayer. I replied that I was and was told that a gilded altar is faster. He left before my response showed: Then why are you here...


The only way to train prayer from 65+ is with a gilded altar? ORLY? o_O


Don't buy into that because it's bullshit. People that say that are into speed training, or leveling as fast as possible. Guess what, kids? Some people don't gives a rat's ass about the "fastest" training method. Personally, I'd rather have the extra XP the Ectofuntus gives over a gilded altar and I haven't found there to be that big of a difference between the two. They balance out in the end: gilded is faster, but less XP per trip while Ectofunting is slower, but gives more XP per trip. Some advice: I don't tell you how to wipe your ass, so don't tell me how to wipe mine.

Anyway, I got 69 prayer today. I like my method because there aren't people to fight with at Jiggig, unlike blue dragons. I need to make more brutal arrows which may use up all the steel bars and feathers I have stocked. Oh well, maybe I should mine some iron and do some chompy hunting tonight. I think I only need 50 more chompy kills to get a new hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suggest you use toilet paper - much less chance of an unenjoyable rash.

At 38 prayer I started pulling out my hair realize I needed 43 for.. well. not dying and all, but there was no way I was spending 400k on dragon bones. So I quested my way to it :P

Good that you found a good little ranging "niche" :)