Thursday, September 6, 2007

Beggars Can't Be Choosers

While I was doing TT today, I got one where I needed to shrug in Rimmington's mine. I got the gold necklace, gold ring and bronze spear from my bank and sauntered from Varrock, passed the outer wall of Falador, through the cabbage patch and across the grassy knoll by the mine. Just outside of the west gate of Varrock, I have Q U A T R Y begin taxiing on me. God I hate being someone's free ride because they're too lazy to click a mouse button. The conversation we had is to the right.

Yeah, I figured the second I told him if I was black IRL, he'd toss out "Nigger" and it'd be report time. Not the first time I've run into this shit, but, thank gods, it's few and far between each episode. I still haven't discovered why the color of my or my avatar's skin is such a big deal. I guess that says a lot about me.

And I had another beggar tonight. I didn't catch his name, but I'm sure he remembers me as the level 101 in the thieving cape who wouldn't give him money to buy dragon boots in Falador. The gist of the conversation was this:

Him: Kitt Fox
Me: What?
Him: Will you give me money so I can buy d boots?
Me: I don't give money to beggars.
Him: I'm not begging.
Me: You're asking for free money.
Someone Else: dude, no1 is going to give u 1M
Him: They only cost 600k, noob

I left them arguing over the price of dragon boots while I mugged a guard on my way to the bank.

Best part of today: I meet up with Merch and gave her the Guthix page I saved from earlier. She thanked me profusely, especially when I gave it for free. I could've charged 40k for it, but I like Merch and I know how hard it is to get your prayer book fixed without getting price gouged *cough*Zammypages*cough*. We went our separate ways. I tele'd to Lumby and returned to my "job" as a Pocket Lint Inspector for Humans Against Monsters (H.A.M.). All the crap those people hold onto is amazing. The very next clue scroll I get rewards me with a Guthix page 3. I PM Merch and ask if she wants this page, too. I can sense her excitement through the PM and we meet in Draynor for the trade. Now, she has a Book of Balance and we share a preaching session from the Book. I quickly get out my Holy (Saradomin) Book and preach out the Last Rites, which is hilarious.

A good day. No beret yet and my bank is full of junk for emote clues so I don't have to run around too much. The Bob the Cat shirt is black btw. I have no clue what to do tomorrow though. Maybe some slayer to get that leveled and get my crystal shield damaged. I want my crystal bow back, but it's cheaper to charge the seed as a shield as of now. I have been toying with the idea of buying a new crystal bow from Islwyn for 900k. Range is looking appealing to train, too, as the crystal bow required no arrows.

EDIT: I found a little note in my notebook I forgot to mention earlier. Giggs613 offered to buy my thieving hood for 90k. ROFL!

5 comments:

lxnen said...

It looks like you might be in danger of making the same expensive mistake I did.

If you have the seed your crystal bow reverts to, it can be recharged by Ilfeen, who roves in the north of Isfadar. The price for this drops from 990k gradually to 180k. Islwyn, on the other hand, doesn't recharge bows, she sells new ones, and the price doesn't drop.

I got the two mixed up and spent 900k on a second bow I didn't need, when I really just wanted a recharge... I did get my name in the credits of Sals ranging guide for submitting the correction though.

kuemper said...

Oh I do know that one elf recharges from a seed while another just sells the bow. Thanks for telling me though. :)I did *almost* make that mistake when I charged the seed into a shield. I hardly used the crystal bow when I got the seed charged the first time, so I'd mixed up which elf to talk to about it. I couldn't figure out why Islwyn wanted 900k to recharge my seed when all the fan sites said it would cost 750k.

Vaskor said...

I got mixed up there two and bought second crystal bow. Was pretty frustrated at the time. But now I think it was for better as one bow expires too fast. When I have two I can do a few slayer assignments before I go and recharge.

Thank god, I haven't seen much racial staff in Runescape. The conversation you posted is just ugly.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a member of the pocket lint inspectors!
I'm only in the department that collects pocket lint and delivers it to the linen making factory after's it's been inspected :(

ROFL @ hood. But I'll give you 100k for it? His offer was cheap.

Anonymous said...

Excited doesn't cover it. Over-excited is getting closer. :)

I completed 'Horror from the Deep' ages ago and since then I've fruitlessly stood in banks, occasionally getting excited when someone calls out that they are selling Guthix pages, only to discover that they aren't the right pages. Now, for the first time ever, I have a book!

I keep getting it out of the bank, when I should be returning to quests or just depositing things, just to stand there preaching to anyone who'll listen.

Thank you very much!