Monday, September 3, 2007

Bones Are For Burying

Finally, all my stats are 70+. I did a lot of Ectoing today, moving from zogre to baby dragon bones, then using the gilded altar in my PoH to finish off the last bit of it. Prayer is still my lowest skill. :P With that out of the way, I really have no excuse not to return to runecrafting tomorrow.

While I was Ectoing, I ran into another player, Sbulldog, who threw me for a loop. He'd been grinding bones a couple of times, then asked where to get bones. o_O Oh. My. God. I told him to go kill monsters. He asked again, much later and I recommended the chickens at the farm west of the Ectofuntus. Very, very odd.

I ranged baby blues until I ran out of arrows, then meleed them which didn't boost my attack level too much. Taverly was full, so I had to world hop twice. Yes, even the baby dragons were hard to get to yourself. Because I keep an eye out on the mini map for red dots, I scored 20 blue d hides to craft later. :)

My short term goals are all completed and I can't think of any off-hand to replace them. I was thinking about opening up the hot air balloon traveling, but I really should get back to boring ol' runecrafting in Yanille. *sigh* It's hard now because it takes several thousand essence to craft to gain a level, which means too much mining because I'll be buggered if I buy pure essence in bulk to support those damned bots.

2 comments:

Vaskor said...

Wow, 70+ - truly impressive!

Regarding 'where to get bones' questions. I guess that player was doing Ghost Ahoy quest at the time. I remember myself doing this quest and suddenly realizing that I am short of bones... If you are not familiar with the area it is not obvious where to find something to kill there.

Anonymous said...

70+ on all your stats? I haven't even gotten them all past level 1 yet :P

Ghost Ahoy's a pain if you don't bring bones. Next time someone asks, tell them to head to the west and there's a farm with undead chickens and cows.

If you ever need a break gimme a mail and we can go a-questing :P