Friday, August 10, 2007

Fury Farming








Two good things happened today. Firstly, I achieved level 82 farming. With eating half of a garden pie, I can plant/grow all the farming seeds in RS. I don't know what to use the Miscellania subjects for now. I did have them on herbs and maples (both give me seeds, though maples give more). Also, the next time I empty the kingdom shed, I'll have enough maple logs for 99 firemaking. If only I could get herbs and flax, but those two are toggled together - meaning you can get one or the other but not both. :(

The onyx gem. I runecrafted the last 3600 chaos runes I needed to sell to get 260k tokkul to buy the lovely black stone. I cut it myself. I have 1 tokkul left over, which I'll use to build up another 260k for a second onyx gem. I really want a ring of stone, just as something cool and useless to have. :D

I'm thinking on what to do in RS now. Runecrafting is fine, but in small chunks since I have to mine the essence myself. I may start the long, boring road of firemaking but I have to think about where to ensconce myself - some place with few people firemaking and near a bank. I may check out Barbarian Training to get the skill of using a bow to light fires. It'll allow me to take 1 more log per trip (28 instead of 27) and it'll speed up firemaking a bit.

IRL, hubby and I (mostly hubby) sealed off the opening around the water main where the mice were getting inside. Hubby stapled in a sheet of aluminum mesh and used spray foam instead of the fluffy insulation. Hopefully this will keep them from going in and out. What bugs me is the little fuckers only stay where we live and don't bother upstairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They may have changed it, but I believe you have to have the bow in your inventory when you light fires with it, i.e. it doesn't save you any damn space. I remember reading people's rants about in on the official forums. The rant was: What good is it if it doesn't even save you the inventory space?