Saturday, August 11, 2007

Visit lovely Sophanem!

Be sure to pet the plague cows! Sophanem, home of Pyramid Plunder (PP) and a plague.

I did a bit of PP and gained 87 thieving. Go me. :) I don't know what it is that bothers me so much, but I can barely handle it. I feel the same about training agility, too. I get bored so fast even with constant clicking, but if you put my in a room with someone to pickpocket, I'm a happy camper.

I found a quick way to sell my artefacts to Simon Templeton. If you've done Contact!, you start at the bank in town. Get a waterskin (and a knife if you like, but it's a short trip), desert robes and 27 artefacts (I keep the stone and gold ones). Take the ladder up from the bank and walk around to the crack in the wall where locusts are hopping about. Climb into the crack and emerge beside some rocks east of the Wanderer's tent (where you start Ichthlarin's Little Helper). Walk southeastish passed some goats until you find rocks to climb downward. This is the entry to the agility pyramid if you wanted to know. Simon is here by the tent. Talk to him and "flog the lot" for cash. Return to the rocks by the Wanderer's tent, climb in and pop out near locusts behind the Sophanem bank. Rinse and repeat.

While I was in Sophamen, I wandered around town and tried to get into Menaphos. Menaphite guards made fun of me as I walked away from the boarded up gates. Determined now, I plunked everything I carried into my bank and did a desert walkabout. I found the Menaphos carpet station and another gate, but I still couldn't get inside. I walked through the desert with no food, no waterskins, no knife and no desert robes just to see how long I could last. Could I make it back to Shanty Pass before dying? I made it, even taking a longish route. :P

Other level - 88 magic. I have been very close for 2 days and figured to get off my butt and do some magic. I tele'd to Camelot 29 times and gained the level.

Also, I wanted to get full H.A.M. clothes for my costume room. Best way to get them is to pickpocket H.A.M. members. Took a few hours to get all 7 items - hood, cloak, logo, robe top, robe skirt, gloves and boots - but I did and got 3 clue scrolls, too. Nothing interesting from those either. No nibbles on my fury for sale.

I'm currently camping at the Yanille watchtower to pickpocket watchmen. They give 60 gp and bread, so I'll have food. I'm trying to find something I like to thieve to make that end run to 99.

No comments: