Sunday, August 5, 2007

Slayer Weekend

This weekend is dedicated to the Slayer skill - killing assigned monsters for experience. It's one of two skills below 70 and I was just in the right mood to train again. As you can see, I gained a defense and strength level each; not shown is 69 slayer because I forgot to take a screenie. :P

I kept a list of each assignment and, if any, rare drops. Firstly, I headed over to Moonclan/Lunar island to swap spellbooks. Lunar magic has Contact NPC, meaning I can talk to any of the four slayer masters without seeing them in person. Mainly, I spoke to Chaedlar in Zanaris and when s/he (I haven't figured out what gender 'it' is) gave me something I didn't want, I asked Tureal to give me something easier. This is known as Burthorping, named for the city where Tureal (he's the starting out slayer master, so easy assignments) lives. Getting a reassignment means you have to do what Tureal tells you.

Assignments - Changed or Not - Noteworthy Loot
158 fire giants - 24 rune arrows
10 bronze dragons - Burthorped
18 wolves
163 hellhounds - Burthorped
16 dwarves
121 dagannoths
156 trolls
149 hellhounds - Burthorped
15 skeletons
167 basilisks
11 mutated zygomites
116 elves - Burthorped
17 minotaurs - clue scroll
166 turoth - loop half key, gold/white mystic bottom, a lot of herb seeds
88 iron dragons - Burthorped
46 desert lizards - loop half key
34 iron dragons - Burthorped
17 ice fiends
165 fever spiders
118 jungle horrors - clue scroll

My favorite slayer monsters are fire giants, turoths, basilisks and dagannoths.

One thing I found out has to do with the combat bracelet. When it is out of charges, it doesn't keep tally every 10 kills of how many monsters you have left to kill. I'm trying to decide how to do my next assignment - 121 lesser demons: melee or mage. Maging means I'll have to make runes (chaos probably) as I don't have enough stocked in my bank. I'll continue training slayer this week until I get to level 70, then start Ectofuncting and gilded altaring on prayer.

No comments: