Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Slow Day

I didn't do much in RS today. I went to try my luck ranging black dragons at Zanaris and found someone already there, so I hopped to another world. No one was around on 129, so I started taking pot shots. It was taking a long time, so I killed the one dragon and left. Then I popped to my PoH and strolled inside the ogre caves at Gu'Toth. This place is blue dragon heaven - 5 blue dragons, no waiting. I grabbed the one nearest the entrance and shot it full of steel arrows until I had 8 hides and 8 bones. A couple of times, I'd decided to run right up to the dragon and shoot. I got toasted (can't wear the anti-dragon breath shield with a magic shortbow), so I figured I'd move onto the greater demons locked in the cage a few feet away.

I love greater demons here. They can't get their creepy claws on me. :P I ranged alone until another player popped in beside me. He asked my range bonus which I gave (attack or defense? Idk), then he told me I needed rune boots. Huh? Bah, I ignored him - easy enough when public chat is on Hide as you only see what people say above their heads, not in your chat window. Lastly, he wanted me to know that Ava's accumulator didn't work there. To which I replied: "Uh...so? It still makes arrows". Yes, numbnuts, I know it won't collect my arrows because of the fucking fence. Did you know it collects arrows out of thin air and provides a +4 range bonus? *bitch slap*

I wasted almost 2k steel and 800 iron arrows to gain 74 range. Surprisingly, I wasn't sick of ranging things yet. I may make it to level 80. :)

Anyway, I returned to Burthorpe and safe cracking for gems. Anything to get my crafting up. I have about 98k to go for level 80 and those wonderful glory amulets. With my luck, I'll make glories out of the 8 dragonstones I have saved and won't get another key half or crystal key ever.

Tomorrow, I give Miscellania more money and get stuff in return. More farming! More herblore!

Other news: I celebrated my smexy thieving level by (in RS) buying the cape and doing the emote and (IRL) cleaning manky garbage cans. I've been catching up with Wil Wheaton's blog: WWdN: In Exile

[It looks weird as html is still giving a royal fuck-over. I figured out how to add a link, but I couldn't type normally after the link.]

That should be Wil's (Mr. Wheaton's ?) current blog - I'm still reading through his first blog, which is hilarious as whatever goof that broke the blog also made duplicates (3-5) of every post! >.< Not that he'll read this, but thanks dude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And suddenly, you realize /why/ he wanted you to get rune boots.. they would go so nicely with your ensemble and the backpack is just... ugh.

I've finally got the requirments to for doing miscellania, but not nearly the funds :)

If you end up not getting any dstones, just keep the amulets you made and trade them for uncut dstones :) Which you can then make into glories again and trade for the stones again :D
That way a player gets a free glory from the stone they found and you get crafting xp :)

PS the link looks fine now, if you changed it.

PPS if you end up with a bunch of ammys after crafting, and can't find anyone to sell em too, what do you do with em?

kuemper said...

I'm keeping the 10 glories I have now.