Sunday, August 5, 2007

Griefers


While playing any online game, you'll always find players who give other players a hard time or generally make it difficult to play. I was lucky this weekend and only ran into 2 such players - griefers. One was at the dagannoth dungeon under the lighthouse. Boerseun3 was giving a guy named Mark a hard time because Mark wore a dragon skirt, or a "man skirt" since Mark was a male character. I didn't take a picture of the conversation since I was merely a bystander, but it went something like this:

Boerseun3: Why you wearing a man skirt?
Mark: It has the same stats as d legs but is much cheaper.
Boerseun3: Your armor is made of free stuff and quest items.

I was waiting for Boerseun3 to throw out "gai" (gay is censored in RS), but he didn't. When griefing like this happens, I wonder if the griefer isn't a closet homosexual?

And the screenie that starts this post. I'm in the Fremminik slayer caves, minding my own business and slaying turoths when Troksenion runs up to me and asks if I want to know what he thinks of turoths. Sensing a prick about to rise, I told him I don't care (Idc) what he thinks about turoths. He then does his slayer cape emote, which is him throwing a turoth off his back and stomping on it. Because I wasn't suitably awestruck or impressed, he informed me I was a "loser kid". My "nice cape" comment showed up the same time as his "loser kid" did, so it looks like I was sucking up to him. He asked for my opinion and I gave it. Why he ran up to me, I don't know, but probably trying to impress a lower level which backfired.

No comments: