Sunday, August 26, 2007

Torture

No more Pyramid Plunder. I got most of my level from it today and I'm fucking well done with it. Oh, that pmod I told you about, the one who leaves mummies free to attack other plunderers? He was on again and I got his name: Adomer1. Besides the mummy dodging, a glitch was showing itself today. When you open each door, you get either a message "This door leads to a dead end" or "Loading...please wait", right? No less than 8 times in 5 different rooms (2, 3, 5, 6, 7) did I open all 4 doors and each lead to a dead end. What the fuck???? Yeah, and a couple of times I had to check each door twice after finding out it was a dead end.

When I had under 9k to go to level, I left and went to the Thieving Capital of Gielinor - West Ardougne. I took 26 monkfish from my bank and headed to the second floor, north side of King Lathas' castle. I picked the locked door and started checking the lining of the paladins' platemail.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, with PP out of the running for gaining XP, I'm left with pickpocketing and safe cracking. Here's a breakdown of how many of 3 pickpocket NPC types and safes I need for 98 and 99 respectively:

Paladins - 7,191; 15,288 (151.75 XP each)
Gnomes - 5,497; 11,688 (198.5 XP each)
Elves - 3,087; 6,563 (353.5 XP each)
Safes - 15,588; 33,142 (70 XP each)

I've done some timing with paladins and I get about 200 picks per 26 monkfish. Sorry that I don't have a time down, but I find it easier to go by how much food I have. I'd guess that takes about 45 minutes, depending on how many times I get caught and stunned. I'm taking a break atm and when I log on later, I'll go to Lletya and time myself with elves.

4 comments:

Vaskor said...

Gratz on 97! I faced the same glitch several times too. All four doors are opened but there is no way out!

And, I think, I just wrote an article which applies to your situation. Take a look at it on RS Haven: Thieving after 99 or life without Pyramid Plundering

kuemper said...

I haven't tested knights yet. Someone usually pops in the building I'm at and kills the knight. Meanies!

Vaskor said...

Yeah, that happens, but fortunately not very often. I usually lure a knight to the building south of the fur trader stall. People who steal furs keep the door shut all the time, so I steal undisturbed :-)

adomer1 said...

When doing pyramid plunder for experience, the most efficient thing to do is 2-item with a spottier cape and a sceptre. Then if you get another sceptre plundering you keep it when you die. Tele out there with a full inventory of food, play through the pyramid till you run out of food and die, then run to lumby bank chest, grab a full inventory of food, and tele back out there. Charge your sceptre every 3 trips too. Wearing nothing increases your ability to run longer, and armor would only be used for the mummies anyway. This method involves not bringing a weapon and not killing the damn mummies. Using this method your prayer refills each trip you make, and you can use protect melee to defend against the mummies. It's commonly practiced, don't you dare sully my good name. Oh and the 4 door thing isn't a glitch just fyi, the door changes, and it does so more often based on how many ppl are plundering in that world. If you don't like mummies attacking you and you don't like the door changing, find a more secluded plundering world like most ppl.