Saturday, August 25, 2007

Odds and Ends

This time, I hit PRTSCRN before the poison got me! :P

Just 4 more measly levels now. Doesn't seem like much does it? Lol, 4 may be small, but that's 4,234,075 XP left to plow through. A math update: 245 PP games (if I can loot 5 urns in room 7 and 13 urns and the chest in room 9) or 20.416666~ hours or 6-7 days. Sometimes I can hit the XP perfectly and other times, I struggling to just find the door to the next room. If I do find time running out, I check the urns for snakes, loot the chest and try to loot as many urns as I can before the mummy boots me out. I figure any XP is better than none at all. In short, I'm going to attempt to get 1 level a day until August 31. It may get down to wire, but I'm not going to hold myself to this; it's just something I'd like. I have around 53 games (or 4.5 hours) to get level 96. I can taste it ... no, that's chocolate. XD

Other PP news - someone, forgot to write down the name but he was a pmod if you care, kept opening the sarcophagus and the mummy would attack anyone *but* the pmod! God, I hate that! There's not point to opening the sarcophagus - no thieving XP, you can get the Pharaoh's scepter from the chest and it annoys other plunderers! >:[ I saw my first level 3 (I presume he was a skiller), L E D Zep. He was up to room 5 (level 61 needed) and started looting urns as I was checking doors. Kudos to him for braving the perils with10 hp!

After I got level 95, I took my supper break and was offline for an hour or so, then I got back on. I stole clue scrolls from H.A.M. members and kept the "good" stuff - a Zammy page 4 and studded chaps (g). Is it so difficult to get a beret of any color? I'd like black, but hell, I'll take *any* right now! Yes, I'm too cheap to buy 1 and I know a lot of people are making mime masks (mime mask sewn onto a beret, like the mime random wears).

I've been thinking about having a party to celebrate 99 thieving. It would be my first party, but I just don't know. I'd like to open my PoH up for people to use and have a drop party, but I don't want every n00b off the street in Yanille to wander in and make fun of me. My PoH is mostly just for me; there're no game rooms or dungeons, no pretty gardens to hang out in. All I have to offer are: a fully stocked workshop (banner easel) and kitchen (with Greenman's Ale), portals and teleports to most places, a gilded altar and being close to a bank. I've been toying with the idea of keeping TT items like god pages and trimmed armor pieces and giving them to people I know who can use them. Why I'm so unsure: my first 99 was cooking, which I thought was the cat's pajamas until I got so belittled in game and on Sal's for having a "n00b" cape that it really smacked me back. I want to celebrate, but I don't want to be the butt of jokes. :/

The mouse issue: The in-laws discovered the mice had been using their rooms as rodent playgrounds. All that noise I heard through the ceiling was mice chewing their way up through hardwood flooring and carpet so they could shit and piss all over mother's-in-law (MIL) stuff! The mice also had a blast in father's-in-law (FIL) "study" downstairs. Apparently, we'd chased the little bastards away from where hubby and I live and into the places where no one lived atm. The in-laws were at their summer cabin for most of the summer. I don't know what MIL was thinking while she was out of town - that we'd caught some mice and that was all of them? We've been fighting them for a good 6 months, using glue traps (very effective) and poison blocks baited with peanut butter+basami rice and blocking what we thought was the only way in. There have to be more mouse holes, but how to find them? I pray to any god that MIL goes through with her "threat" to call an exterminator and those little fucking rodents will be gone bye-bye.

Oh, I also added a couple more links to some blogs you should check out. :)

4 comments:

Vaskor said...

You added link to my blog :-) Thank you so much!

I am not sure how P Mods can do something like that. I thought they only can manipulate with chat and players, but not monsters.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for linking my blog!

ROFL @ your mouse problem. Maybe you should have a chat with the citizens of west ardougne.. I know they have at least 7 of my cats (and I have a ton of deaths rune :aware:). Maybe they can help?

Yeah, I don't like how people act towards the "easy" capes :/ I mean yeah, it takes less time than the others, but it still takes quite a while and a lot of money. Just jealous, I guess.
But there's defintely no way theiving is considered an easy skill ;)
If you had a party, I don't know how you could limit it to non-idiots :/

Maybe the p mod was just bored? But not exactly a way for a p mod to behave if so.

Anonymous said...

wtf lol

Anonymous said...

wtf lol