Monday, August 27, 2007

My Arm Hurts

I did a lot of right/left clicking today and damn, my arm hurts! The inside of my elbow and just above it burn when I bend my elbow. My fingers ache a bit from holding a mouse most of the day, but with a little flexing they're back to normal. Despite 2 modem crapouts, I got level 98. I took more breaks than I anticipated; more from boredom than muscle cramps. I picked out several music CDs to listen to via my DVD player and they really keep me going.

Here's some numbers to go by for 99 thieving (1,228,659 XP),:

wall safes - 17,533 (time unknown)
knights - 14,541 or 11.185 hours
paladins - 8,097 or 14.72 hours
gnomes - 6,190 or 18.75 hours
elves - 3,476 or 19.3111~ hours

I was very lucky with herding a knight into a "safe" room - safe meaning away from other players who would inadvertently or intentionally let the knight escape. I like getting the knight that roams around King Lathas' castle and cornering him in the room to the south of the main castle entry. No one has any reason to go there, unless they are also looking for a knight to thieve or they are griefing me. When I logged on this morning, there was a knight trapped and waiting for me! He stayed put until after the first modem crash, then I had to round him back up.

After today's power leveling, I think I may split the XP over 2 days, if not 3. I may do what I was doing with PP: pick knights for a few hours, then start scrounging for clue scrolls from H.A.M. members. I *will* get my beret, dammit. :P I almost buckled under and hit PP this afternoon, but hubby talked me out of it.

2 comments:

Vaskor said...

Yeah, you are so close. No need to hurt your arm even more. I'd say stretch the task out for a few days - the cape will be yours anyway!

Anonymous said...

Whoooooooooooooooooooo!
98! :D
You're so close - yet so far oh dear!
You should buy yourself a beret as a 99 congratulations present :P

A few days is nothing compared ot a kahploo-ed arm. Don't die at 5xp away because your arm decides to hold a protest around your throat! :O