Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Mathy Post

Despite the picture to the left, I am not a mathy sort of person. Oh, I can manage a bit of the basics and simple algebra, but nothing more. I turn to my sweet husband for the hard stuff.

XD

Ahem.

What I wanted was to figure out how many of 3 thieving activities I need to do each day to get 99 thieving by the end of this year. I did a bit of testing on each and gave the required numbers to hubby. He showed me what he was doing and why, hoping that I would learn and stop asking him to compute this ridiculous shit. ;)

To start, I needed 8,875,510 XP from the point we began last night. From my testing, I could crack 510 safes per hour, netting 35,700 XP; pickpocket 510 male H.A.M. members per hour, netting 11,220 XP; pickpocket 37 gnomes per hour, netting 44,067 XP. These samples were taken from my performing the activities on each for 10 minutes and tallying each successful steal. Taking the number of days from September - December (122) and dividing that into the total XP needed, hubby got 72,750.081 XP per day. My brain can grasp that better than a sterile "must do this for 4 hours/day" result I got. If I crack safes for 2 loads of monkfish (16 each before running out), then switch to pickpocketing gnomes for 2 loads (4 monkfish each), I should get about 80k XP. I'll also be stealing clue scrolls from H.A.M. members and tomb raiding for changes of scenary.

I will say it's easier to think of just what you need to get to the next level instead of getting to 99.

The big thing has been the clan chat and Salmoneus created an "official" chat for Sal's Realm of RuneScape. Sadly, it's getting spammed and people are bitching because no one who can kick is on at all times. You can't make people monitor an IRC if they don't want to. Myself, I'm not going even though I'm positive I can cover the times when "no mod is on". Scooby is making a bitch of herself with her spam topics about getting kicked off Sal's chat. From what I understand, she spams about how chef's hat will be rare and, when one account is kicked, she circumvents the kick by joining on another account. She's a decent forumer, so you think she'd know better than to act like that on a chat channel.

1 comment:

Vaskor said...

Just found your blog, it is great! Thank you for writing it.

Regarding the Thieving math - it does not take in account the Pyramid, which is the REAL way to get to 99 :-)